David Stotesbury provides legal services in the field of fire law, the importance of which has been emphasised by recent major fires. The legal services in this complex field of regulatory law include the following issues relating to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (“The Order”).
- The scope of The Order.
- The concepts of responsible persons and duty holders.
- Deployment of statutory notices, including Alterations, Enforcement and Prohibition Notices.
- Determinations by the Secretary of State under article 36 of The Order.
- Powers of fire safety inspectors, and
- Ingredients of offences under The Order.
David’s specialism in fire law is complemented by his being a Fellow of the Institute of Fire Engineers and a Visiting Lecturer at the national Fire Service College at Moreton in Marsh.
Regulated by the Bar Standards Board.